Photo: Claudia Schaefer
Add a Bowen Island Event
Are you organizing a local event? Maybe a concert, play, festival, retreat or workshop?
Events can be single dates, multiple days or annual recurring events.
Add photos and a full description to help more Bowen Islanders know about your event in advance!
If you already have a Bowen Book account, you can either read the following instructions, or hit the button below to go straight to the goods. If you don’t have an account yet, please read the steps below.
How to Add an Event
It’s easy to submit your local Bowen Island event to our Events page.
Create an Account or Login
If you don’t already have an account on The Bowen Book website, you’ll be asked to create a user name and password before adding your event.
If you already have an account, go to the Add a Listing page and login to create a listing.
We won’t share your email address with anyone! Or send you newsletters!
Fill Out the Add an Event Form
Once you’ve logged in to our website, you’ll see a form to add your event.
Please fill out as many fields as you can.
If you have any issues uploading photos, adding content, or otherwise, please let us know in the notes section of the form. We’re happy to help!
A Few Tips on Adding Your Event
- You can add start and end dates or times for your event
- Recurring events: you can add an event that occurs regularly (e.g. every Saturday afternoon from 3-4 pm for 8 weeks)
- Description: The more detail you can provide, the better! It may just convince people that your event is one not to be missed.
- Categories: Choose the best categories for your event. If you don’t see a category that fits, please let us know by email.
- Address: Enter the street address or use the map pin to set the event location on the map. This helps people find your event easily.
- Photos: You can upload event images! If it’s a recurring event, you can even post photos from previous years. For best results, upload jpeg or jpg formatted images, no larger than 500 KB.
- Tickets: You can add ticket prices if your event requires paid admission. Or enter “0” to make the event free.
- If you want to you can add contact info, such as email/phone/website (all optional)
Your event will be reviewed prior to being posted.
Edit an Event
At any time you can edit an event you have created on bowenbook.ca:
- Go to your event page on BowenBook.ca
- Click the Login link to login
- You’ll see your event and a Edit link
- Click on Edit to review your event details and make changes or upload photos.
- Preview your changes.
- Click Update to save your changes.
If you get stuck, feel free to get in touch.