Photo: Lisa Brougham
Bowen Island’s Printed Phone Book
The Bowen Book, also known as the Gold Pages in years past, is a printed phone book full of local knowledge, feature articles, photos by islanders, business listings and a phone/email directory for residents.
In 2022, it was time to bring the features that islanders love about the printed phone book to the digital world. Bowenbook.ca allows us to provide even more resources for locals – without an emphasis on tourism – such as:
- A Bowen Events page that’s not dependent on social media
- The most comprehensive business directory for Bowen Island
- Bowen-specific Classifieds that don’t disappear down a Facebook feed
- An archive of Ron Woodall’s amazing art
- Articles of local interest
- and much more!
Most islanders still keep their phone book handy in their homes, but this website companion – driven by locals for locals – can be a community resource at one’s fingertips no matter where you are.